18 May 2006

Ribbon Me This...

I have a great first 'actual post' topic - those stupid ribbon magnets people have on their cars. I hate ribbon magnets! And here are a few reasons why:
> People buy them to support a current something-or-other, thinking that their $3 will go to that group...when it's actually .001% and goes to another group entirely.
> People have more than one on their vehicle. Sometimes different causes, sometimes re-iterations of the SAME THING!
> People not only put them on the back of their car...but on the sides, top and even hood (yes, HOOD)! Saturn owners are especially guilty of this (plastic body panels).
> People never remove them, even if they're faded to the point of obscurity. It's similar to flying a flag that is tattered and torn - take pride in your pride, will ya?

This does not mean that I do not support these causes. I do - but I'm not obnoxious about it.

That is all for now...

No comments: