17 February 2008

Birthday Weekend

Well, today's my birthday - and we celebrated this weekend with an array of going out, shopping and whatnot. On Saturday, we went to Dave & Buster's - which is a restaurant/arcade very similar to GameWorks. The food was pretty good, but the arcade was just ehhh - plus the games were in competition with the music, and then the hostess had to mic over everything. Just plain loud (and no, it's not because I'm too old).

Today, I was one step ahead of my parents by waking up before they called. After wifey woke up, we went to Original Pancake House for some breakfast. Then it was off to look at new cell phones, as the battery in mine is starting to lose it's ability to retain power. No such luck, however - none of the phones really screamed "buy me now" except the iPhone...or too expensive. We then went to Best Buy, where I bought my first video game in two years. *heh* After some debating, we ended up spending the evening watching Ocean's Thirteen, eating bacon cheeseburger pizza and finishing off with cake baked lovingly by Elizabeth.

All in all, it was a good birthday. I think I should have taken tomorrow off from work - but maybe I'll do that next year. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haaaappy birfday!