10 February 2008

Ski Trip

Last Thursday, my friends, their kids and I trekked up to Biwabik for our annual ski trip. We were supposed to be in the villa that my friends stayed at 2 years ago, but we got put into a lesser model. That was kind of a bummer, but we made due with the different layout.

I caught a cold on Tuesday, so I was a little out of it and only hit the slopes on Friday. I would have skied Saturday, too, but after two nights of being up until midnight and getting woke up at 5am by screaming toddlers I was too tired to move much. Plus, I was a little sore from taking a digger after my left ski caught an edge...I have scrapes, scratches and bruises to prove I was there!

The weather on Saturday turned bitter cold, so it was a good thing I didn't go out. It was cold enough going to put gas in the Jeep, but nice to get out and do something anyway. It also helped with starting it up this morning (2 of 5 didn't without assistance). I didn't realize how cold it was until I saw it read -24 degrees on the thermometer...yikes!

Overall, it was a good weekend - but next year I think I'll stay somewhere separate from the little tikes. Too much noise, drama, and distraction.

No comments: