06 September 2008

Week In Review

It has been a while since my last post, but things have been a little busy so you know how it works - yes, the blog gets pushed to the back of the pile. Anyway, Labor Day weekend was excellent! It started off with the wife and I's usual Friday night trivia outing at Majors. I met my friend Miranda for coffee the next morning for our weekly hangout at Caribou Coffee. I was going to get my Motorcycle permit but everything was closed due to the holiday weekend.

Wifey and I then headed "up north" to her sister's cabin for the weekend, both to see the cabin for the first time and to spend time with family as we celebrate her sister's birthday. We had a great time! On Sunday we went to a winery in McGregor, MN - a town that I had been to a long long time ago. It was weird seeing it again as an adult! I wanted to drive by my uncle's cabin at a nearby lake but we didn't have time and I didn't know exactly where it was. We later spent the evening at our brother-in-law's parents lake house and had a splendid dinner and great conversation.

This week, Elizabeth's Dad stayed with us for a couple of nights. He offered to make us dinner and we gladly accepted. It was nice to have him stay with us.

I'm starting to come down with a cold. Hopefully it won't get too annoying with it's scratchy throat and stuffy nose. I'm not a big fan of being sick. = P

No comments: