24 January 2009

My First Root Canal

They say it happens to everyone. Ladies and Gentlemen, I have now joined the Root Canal Club! It all started a couple days after Christmas when it hurt to chew on one side of my mouth. Then my formerly crowned tooth became extremely sensitive to temperature. Finally toothaches. Ouch!

Upon visiting the dentist, he mentioned that I might need a root canal. I've heard the stories. The pain, the agony, the drilling and scraping. I wasn't all that excited about it. The dentist made some adjustments to my bite by grinding off a little of the crown and the toothaches went away. I was praying for the best.....but no! I had been scheduled for a root canal.

Surprisingly, the entire experience was a positive one! They shot me full of five different types of Novocaine, tested with liquid nitrogen to make sure I wouldn't feel anything and explained every step as they went along. Metro Dental Care rocks! They even called me the day after to see if I had any questions and if I was feeling okay.

Now I can eat normal again. *YAY*
(image is of The Tooth Stool, designed by Philippe Starck)

1 comment:

lattégirl said...

Felt no pain, but certainly did feel the peculiar crunch and pull as they pried my teeth out. I bless whoever invented novocaine.