24 June 2007

The Return of "Lobster Boy"

I went to the "Back to the 50's" car show yesterday. Over 12,000 cars to wander by and gawk at, which is always a lot of fun. When I attended last year, I stumbled upon the classic car auction - and stayed there for about 3 hours (mostly because it was raining). This year, I actually made a point to visit again and grabbed a green sheet...checking out the times various beauties were going up for bid.

The first shocker was a 1970 Plymouth GTX 440 6-pack: $52,000
The second was a 1970 Plymouth Hemicuda w/ 43k original miles: $250,000!!!
The third was the fact that the 'Cuda didn't sell - the owner wanted 300+ for it...

*yikes*

I'm a car enthusiast, but still - $300k could buy a really decent house in the Twin Cities. I'm not sure I would spend that on a car, even if I had that kind of money!

I almost forgot the point of this post's title. I was at the show for ~5 hours. I'm of Norwegian descent, so you can pretty much guess the rest. Sunscreen and sticking to the shade didn't help much, either. =/

1 comment:

lattégirl said...

A "really decent" house? Uh, yeah. A VERY DECENT bloody house in Montreal or even, in a pinch, some good parts of Toronto.