22 September 2007

Spelling 101 (a rant)

We live in the age of technology...where just about everyone has access to a computer and most of those people actually know a thing or two about spelling. For those who don't know a thing or two (or have that one word or two that always trips them up) this crazy little invention called "Spell Check" was born...but apparently abandoned in a basket at the nearest nice couple's house.

Upon searching the motorcycle ads in Craigslist, I came across one classified ad that had the following spelling mistakes:

- 'un motittied' (unmodified?)
- 'egnition' (ignition)
- 'tackomitor' (tachometer)
- 'board' (as in the cylinder was bored larger)
- 'tiers' (yes, tires)
- 'achuly' (actually, my personal favorite).

I am not a perfectionist...but for the love of God, if you're going to publish something ANYWHERE you should have the common decency to make sure you don't look like an ass.

3 comments:

-- K -- said...

Taht's two funay!

heather k said...

We have a running joke around the office about a woman I work with whose emails to her customer are full of misspellings.

Examples are:

"I'm looking forward to meating you" and "Best Retards, Amy."

It just kills me.

latt├ęgirl said...

Typos are one thing, illiteracy another... also, one of my favourite topics, so thanks for the rant.