26 August 2009

Rattle My Bones

Alright, so I haven't been posting to the blog on a regular basis. But who has? Anyway, I've been busy this summer. Take the Rattle My Bones scooter rally for example. I was only able to attend part of the festivities, but let me tell you - riding with 250+ other scooter fans was pretty dang cool! A modest $35 registration gets you full access, plus a grab bag, shot glass, free food & drink and a heck of a good time. At first I thought I was going to be the only person there with a vintage Honda Passport. Then another guy pulls in with one a year newer (close call). However, I eventually got beat out by not one...not two...but three 1963 Honda 50's (basically the predecessor to the Cub/Passport) which were awesome classics. Two of which left before the Big Ride, a 70-mile jaunt through the backstreets of the metro. So mine wasn't the oldest, but Porter was the only blue Cub/Passport in the lot. I'll likely go back again next year - besides, with a kick butt logo and a rally named after a cool Suburbs tune what's not to like?

No comments: